Aleksandar Kolovski was born 09.03.1990 in Skopje (Macedonia) and started playing the accordion at the age of 7 starting the successful co-operation with Professor Branko Kolovski. He is a one of the most distinguished Macedonian artists of his generation. He started his studies at the Music High School DMBUC Ilija Nikolvski-Luj, while he is currently a student at the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in the class of Professor Zlatko Madevski. Since 2009 he has been attending master classes in France, where he is a student in the Class of one of the most famous professors of accordion in the world – Fredric Deschamps. Apart from his main priority, which is playing classical music at the Armando Bugari accordion, since 2010 he has been studying variete (tango, French music, jazz and so on). He has been recorded by French television 3 in Strasbourg as well as a famous TV Show in Le Mans, and a series of concerts through France in Colmar, Montargis, Monaco, Normandy, and so on. Since 2010 Aleksandar has been a HOHNER artist and is one of the youngest promoters of the model HOHNER-fun flash. Kolovski is an artist famous for his temperament, virtuosity and impressive technique. In 2011 he won 4 prestigious world competitions C.M.A – “TROPHEE MONDIAL”,Castelfidardo,Spoleto,Montrond les Bains-Lyon), he was a laureate in various categories, and since 2003 has won over 15 international competitions. In 2012 Kolovski won vice champion place on the world competition C.M.A “Trophee Mondiale” in senior variete category in Spokane-Washington State(USA) and was followed with concert in New York city in cooperation with the ministry of culture in Macedonia.In april 2013 Kolovski performs a great concert with the macedonian philharmonic orchestra with the famous conductor Andreas Weiser from Germnay, where he performs for first time and premiere in Macedonia “Opale concerto” by Richard Galliano.
Aleksandar has been often invited to hold concerts at festivals in Italy, France, Finland, Bulgaria, China, the Czech Republic, Germany , Lithuania,Portugal,Scotland,Serbia and others.
2008 – Present: University ‘Sts. Cyril and Methodius’ University of Music Art, accordion in the class of the assistant professor Zlatko Madevski
2009 – Present: Master class in France at the class of the professor Frederic Descamps
2004 – 2008: High music school DMBUC Ilija Nikolovski Luj – Skopje.
1997 – 2003: Elementary music school DMBUC Ilija Nikolovski Luj – Skopje at the class of the professor Branko Kolovski
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 2012 October-Vice champion for variete performance in senior Variete category at the 62nd World championship for accordion C.M.A “TROPHEE MONDIAL” in Spokane,Washington State(USA)
- 2011 September-First prize and winner for classic performance in senior category-D at the 36-th International competition for accordion Castelfidardo,Italy.
- 2011 September-First prize and winner for classic performance in Senior National trophee category at the most famous 61-th World championship for accordion C.M.A“TROPHEE MONIDAL” in Pineto,Italy.
- 2011 August – Second Prize for the classic performance in senior category at the 4-th international competition Spoleto,Italy.
- 2011 March – First prize and winner for the classic performance in senior category at the competition GRAND PRIX- Montrond-les-Bains held in Lyon, France.
- 2009 – First Special Prize at the State Competition in Macedonia.
- 2008-Prize “KlimentinaRafajlovska” for the best musician in his generation.
- 2008 – Fifth place at the World championship C.I.A “COUPE MONDIALE” held in Glasgow, Scotland.
- 2007 – First Prize and GRAND PRIX at the International Competition Makedonium M.
- Twice-winner of the special award of the Europian Union of Music Competition for Youth EMCY(Art for music Prize) for the best performer at the International competition for young musicians Ohrid’s pearls.
- Dr. Eckart Roxlfs, General Secretary of EMCY at the final concert that featured performances, winners of all categories of disciplines gave me a special prize for best performer.
- 2005 and 2007 – First-Prize at the State music competition.
- 2005 – Participation at the World Competition in Portugal.
- 2003 – Third-prize at the International Competition in Oxrid’s Pearl.
- 2003 and 2006 – Special Award at the State music competition.
As a member of chamber ensembles
- 2008 April – Second special reward for accordion trio DMBUC of academic and media accordion trio of 46-th National Competition for Chamber Music, held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2006 – First-prize for accordion trio and a special award for the best chamber ensemble awarded by the Directorate of Culture and Art International competition Mocartijana M.
- 2005 – First-prize for accordion duo and two special awards for accordion trio and quartet of the 43th National Competition for chamber music.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & CONCERTS
- 2012- Solo concert for celebration on 20 years macedonian olympic committee on 30th of march.
- 2012-Solo concert on opening on the new French institute in Skopje on 01-th of march.
- 2012-Solo concert at the IASTE(65th annual conference in Skopje Macedonia)on 21th of January.
- 2011-Concert with HOHNER world orchestra in China-Shanghai on 7th of October.
- 2011-Regular perform concerts in Macedonia with quartet Filtango.
- 2011-Concert with the Macedonian Opera and Ballet orchestra at the Ohrid Summer festival.
- 2011-Master class and concert in Hohner conservatorium in Trossingen-Germany.
- 2011-Diplom from the conservatory Edgar Varese in Paris.
- 2011 May-Solo concert in Skopje-Macedonia.
- 2011-Performance with Macedonian philharmonic orchestra.
- 2010- Regular perform concerts in France: Montargis, Monaco, Colmar, Upper Normandy, and others.
- 2010- I have recorded several songs with videos on national television France 3 in Strasbourg and in the popular TV show in Le Mans.
- 2009 – Solo concert in France at the World Cup qualifier.
- 2009 November – Solo performance in the ARCO Chambers Orchestra- the National Gallery of Macedonia – Daut Pasha Amam, held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2009 October – Participation at the largest accordion international festival Castelfidardo, held in Italy.
- 2009 – Participation at the famous International Festival Primus Ikalinen held in Finland.
- 2009 May – Several concerts in Macedonia and Serbia on the occasion of the accordion year.
- 2009-April-Solo oncert held in “Papilon Noir Theatre” in Caen,France.
- 2009 March – Solo concert held in Belgrade, Serbia.
- 2009 March – Solo concert at the Macedonian Opera and Ballet held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2008 – Performance at the opening of the International Competition Ohrid’s pearls as a last year’s winner, held in Ohrid, Macedonia.
- 2008 May – Solo concert celebrating the award Klimentina Rafajlovska, held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2008 April – Concert as a soloist with chamber string orchestra ARCO, Army Hall, held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2008 January – Concert in honour of the guests of the winter’s Congress at the Union of accordion from all around the world (members of UNESCO), held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2007 – A series of concerts in several cities in the Chech Republic as a winner of the Grand Prix award at the International Competition Makedonium M.
- 2006 – Concert – Night of the accordion, organized by the French Cultural Centre and the Directorate for Culture and Arts within the Skopje Summer festival, held in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2006 June – International competition for young musicians – Ohrid pearls piano and violin, held in Ohrid, Macedonia.
- 2005 November – Concerts of the European winners at the competitions for young EMCY held in Belgrade and Novi Sad, Serbia.
- 2005 March – Gala-concert celebrating the 60th anniversary of DMBUC, held at the Universal Hall in Skopje, Macedonia.
- 2004- Concert at the famous concert hall in the Balabanov’s house Plovdiv, Bulgaria.